Building Emergency Action Plan - Training Instructions
BUILDING EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN (BEAP) TRAINING INSTRUCTIONS
FOR MATERIALS RESEARCH LABORATORY (MRL)/SUPERCONDUCTIVITY BUILDING (SUPERCON)/ENGINEERING SCIENCES BUILDING (ESB)
FOR MRL/SUPERCON/ESB Annual training of the BEAP is required for all employees on campus. Since safety is a top priority in MRL, we are requiring that all users of our facility be trained annually on our BEAP regardless of employment status. Training is delivered through Compass 2g, which requires a netID and AD password to access. The BEAP instructions are listed on the BEAP training home page on Compass 2g.
How to access the Compass BEAP Training:
- Go to: http://go.illinois.edu/MRL-BEAP
- Log into Compass
- Click on the ‘Enroll’ icon (shown below)
- Once directed to enrollment page, click ‘Submit’
- Read BEAP(s) and complete Acknowledgement
Note: the online BEAP Compass training must be completed before keys/card access will be issued for our Complex, and access will be removed if users are not current on their annual training.
Instructions to request keys/card access to the MRL Complex:
- Log in to https://my.mrl.illinois.edu/
- Hover over Facilities Applications
- Click ‘Keys’
- Input key information
- Click ‘Add Key’ to submit
- When finished selecting keys, click on ‘Submit Request’ to complete key request
Items to note:
- The outside door key will need to be selected, if needed. The outside door key is listed in the middle of the left box.
- The left box lists by room and the right box by group key. In the left box, the rooms are listed by building numerically.
- Rooms that end with a letter at the end will be at the bottom of the list for that building.
- After the request has been submitted, an email will be automatically sent to the supervisor(s) for the room(s) selected. Once the room supervisor approves the request, an email will also be automatically sent to the requestor stating that the request was approved. MRL Admin staff will email the requestor when the key is ready to be picked up.
- If the request is for a lab with swipe access, it takes an additional 1-3 business days after the request has been ‘issued’.