Find important general information about using MRL facilities such as grant proposal instructions, safety information and emergency contacts, equipment rental instructions and room reservations, and instructions for requesting keys.
The MRL Storeroom carries various office and laboratory supplies, component parts for pressure and vacuum fittings, chemistry related items, and cleaning products as well as handling departmental shipping and receiving and inventory processing.
The Physics-MRL Machine Shop is well-equipped for making special, one-of-a-kind research equipment to order. The Machine Shop has experience fabricating special equipment that is used in the areas of Ultra High Vacuum (UHV), High Temperature, High Pressure, Cryogenics, and Laser Research, etc.
Find information on IT services provided to MRL by Engineering IT Shared Services, including printing, computer labs, connecting to the network, projector loans, and general technology assistance.
- Becoming an MRL Central Research Facilities User (University of Illinois-any campus)
- New MRL Researcher Orientation Session Schedule and Information
- Download the MRL Orientation Presentation
- New MRL Researcher Orientation Information for Off-Campus Users
- How to Use the Scheduling System (video)
- Guide to the MRL Facilities for PIs
- Using MRL for UIUC Courses (Guide for Instructors)
- Central Research Facility Use Acknowledgement (to be included in all publications)
The Physics MRL Machine Shop is well-equipped for making special, one-of-a-kind research equipment to order.
Our storeroom carries a variety of components and fittings.
Technical services for faculty, students and research groups.