Shimadzu EDX-7000 Energy-Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometer
The Shimadzu features:
Fast measurements in a small, table-top foot print, automated analysis of up to 12 samples in a single run.
Radiation: non-monochromatic or filtered Rh x-ray source
Main optics: x-ray source using Rh target up to 50 kV; four choices of collimator sizes for irradiation areas of diameter 1, 3, 5 and 10 mm; five options of primary filters; 12-sample turret for multiple sample analysis; CMOS camera for sample visualization and alignment; solid state detector with energy resolution < 140 eV Mn K-alpha; fast evacuation and purge time (~ 2 min) for optional use under He environment. PCEDX-Navi and PCEDX-Pro for data processing and analysis, including calibration curve method and matrix correction.
- Elemental quantification analysis for elements from Na to U.
- Samples can be in powder, thin film, bulk or liquid form.
- Measurements can be done in air or under He environment.
- Thin film thickness determination (limited cases).
- Detection limits: ppm (heavy elements) to 0.1 at% (light elements).
- Related Research Techniques
- Related Research Cores