Plasma-Therm 790 MF Reactive Ion Etch (RIE) Plasma System
Plasma-therm 790 MF is a stand-alone Reactive Ion Etching (RIE) system with showerhead gas distribution and water cooled RF platen. It could be used for silicon, silicon dioxide or silicon nitride etching process.
The chamber could reach a base pressure in the 3x10-5 Torr range, and it can be operated in the pressure range of 10mTorr to 100mTorr. The following gases are installed: CF4, CHF3, SF6 and O2. The flow rate for each gas is set by a mass-flow controller (MFC), and the pressure is controlled separately by a throttle valve between the chamber and the pump.
All system functions are controlled from the computer. The control program has both manual and automatic modes.
- PC controlled system with manual or auto operation mode
- 500W, 13.56 MHz RF Generator with Automatic Matching Network
- Four process gases: CF4, CHF3, SF6 and O2.
- Single process chamber with 8-inch water cooled RF platen to accommodate a wide range of wafer sizes.
- EMO protection
Special Notes and Restrictions:
- You must be qualified by staff to use this tool.
- Etching of organic substances (photoresists, plastic substrates, organic coatings, etc.) is prohibited in this tool.
- This tool is reserved for the following materials: silicon, silicon nitride and silicon dioxide.Etching of materials other than these requires prior authorization from staff.
- When you are done with your work, always leave the chamber under vacuum. And never leave a dirty chamber for the next user.
- The pump status should be green when you get to the machine. If not, notify thestaff member. Do not proceed any further with the machine.
- Related Research Techniques
- Related Research Cores