Commonwealth Scientific Ion Milling & Thermal Evaporator System
The Commonwealth Scientific Ion Milling & Thermal Evaporator System is a unique system which integrates the ion milling and thermal evaporator capabilities into one system. It enables Argon ion beam etching and thin film depositions to be performed in one system without needing to take out and expose your samples to the outside environment.
It’s equipped with an 8 cm Commonwealth Scientific broad beam (Kaufman) ion source which can generate an Ar ion beam current up to 100 mA.
- Argon ion milling, 8 cm Kaufman ion source
- Maximum beam current: 100 mA
- System pumps: Cryo pump and roughing pump
- Thermal evaporator number of source channels: 2
- Allowed materials for film depositions: Au, Ag, Cu, Fe, Ti, Ni, Cr, Al, Pb, Sn, In. (*All source material should be pellets. Powders are strictly forbidden in this system.)