For more information
Prof. Kou's work is at the interface between condensed matter physics and quantum information science, with a focus on topological materials. Her research uses superconducting circuits and scanned probe microscopies to build and investigate topological materials.
- Topological materials
- Quantum simulation
- Hybrid superconducting circuits
Selected Articles in Journals
- A. Bargerbos, W. Uilhoorn, J. G. Kroll, C.-K. Yang, P. Krogstrup, L. P. Kouwenhoven, G. de Lange, B. van Heck, A. Kou. Observation of vanishing charge dispersion of a nearly open superconducting island. Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 246802 (2020).
- M. Pita-Vidal, A. Bargerbos, D. van Woerkom, C.-K. Yang, B. van Heck, P. Krogstrup, L. P. Kouwenhoven, G. de Lange, A. Kou. A gate-tunable, field-compatible fluxonium. Phys. Rev. Appl. 14, 064038 (2020).
- W. C. Smith, A. Kou, X. Xiao, U. Vool, M. H. Devoret. Superconducting circuit protected by two-Cooper-pair tunneling. npj Quantum Inf. 6, 8 (2020).
- PHYS 102 - College Physics: E&M & Modern
- PHYS 212 - University Physics: Elec & Mag