Thermo Scios2 Dual-Beam SEM/FIB
- Fast and easy preparation of high-quality, site-specific, TEM and atom probe samples using the Sidewinder HT ion column and EasyLift™ system for precise milling and in-situ sample manipulation and lift-out. To achieve the high-quality results, final polishing with low-energy ions is required to minimize surface damage on the sample. The Sidewinder HT provides high-resolution imaging and milling at high voltages, but has also good low-voltage performance (to 500V), enabling the creation of high-quality TEM lamella.
- Ultra-high resolution SEM imaging using FEI’s NICol non-immersion field emission-SEM column electron column with excellent performance on a wide range of samples, including magnetic and non-conductive materials. Beam currents of 1 pA to 400 nA and energies of 200V – 30kV.
- A variety of integrated in-column and below-the-lens detectors. With its in-lens Trinity™ detection technology, the system is designed for simultaneous acquisition of angular and energy-selective SE and BSE imaging.
- Flexible 5-axis motorized stage:
- XY range: 110 mm, Z range: 65 mm, Rotation: 360° (endless), Tilt range: -15° to +90°, XY repeatability: 3 μm, Max sample height: Clearance 85 mm to eucentric point, Max sample weight at 0° tilt: 2 kg (including sample holder), Max sample size: 110 mm with full rotation
- IR camera for viewing sample and chamber and In-chamber Nav-Cam.
- Artifact-free imaging and patterning with dedicated modes such as SmartScan™ (256 frame average or integration, line integration and averaging, interlaced scanning), Drift Compensated Frame Integration (DCFI), and Drift Suppression.
- Deceleration mode imaging with landing energies to as low as 20eV
- Platinum and Carbon deposition Gas Injection Systems for EBID and IBID
- High-performance ion conversion and electron (ICE) detector for secondary ions (SI) and electrons (SE)
The Scios 2 offers user guidance, making it easy for novice users to be productive quickly. In addition, features such as “undo” and “redo” encourage greater experimentation with peace of mind.
This instrument also includes capabilities for in-situ electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) analysis combined with FIB processing and imaging. The EDAX TEAM™ EBSD analysis system provides state-of-the-art crystal structure characterization with the following features:
- Hikari Super EBSD detector allows high-speed data collection at rates up to 1,400 indexed points per second with 99% indexing success rates
- Neighbor Pattern Averaging & Reindexing (NPAR™) allows operation at higher noise levels than conventional indexing, therefore a faster collection rate at lower beam currents.
- Pattern Region of Interest Analysis System (PRIAS™) allows simultaneous imaging of orientation, atomic number, and topographical contrast.