PANalytical Phillips X’pert MRD system #2
The PANalytical MRD system #2 features:
theta/2theta vertical four-circle system with phi, psi rotations and x,y,z sample translation, proportional detector and high-speed PIXcel line detector (pixel size 55 microns).
Radiation / wavelength: Cu K-alpha, 0.15418 nm
- Option 1: General thin film and bulk phase, stress and texture analysis. Point focus beam, crossed-slit collimator or x-ray lens, parallel plates collimator, flat graphite monochromator and proportional detector.
- Option 2: Fast texture and stress configuration using 1D detector. Point focus beam, x-ray lens, PIXcel line detector in high-speed mode
- Option 3: Micro XRD setup for surface spatial resolution between 100 and 400 microns. Point focus beam, 100-microns monocapillary primary optics, PIXcel line detector in high-speed mode
- Optional attachment: dome-shaped Anton Paar DHS900 hot stage for in-situ high temperature (up to 900°C) analysis under air or vacuum
- General thin film or coatings analysis
- Medium resolution / high-intensity analysis of lattice constant, strain, crystallographic orientation, diffuse scattering, dislocation density, reciprocal lattice mapping.
- Glancing incidence x-ray diffraction for analysis of ultra-thin films or analysis of depth-dependent phase, crystallinity and texture variations in materials.
- Texture / preferred orientation and stress analysis.
- Micro XRD for applications requiring spatial resolution between 100 and 400 microns.
- In-situ high-temperature (up to 900oC) XRD analysis for phase transition, thermal expansion coefficient determination, stress and texture variations in materials.
- Typical materials: textured thin films and bulk materials.