Equipment coming soon to MRL
MRL is consistently acquiring new, cutting-edge machinery and resources for your research. Stay in the know about equipment coming soon!
Gatan PECSII Ion beam polisher with coating capabilities:
- Fully automated argon ion polishing system.
- Damage-free surfaces for SEM, EBSD and optical applications.
- Integrated coating capabilities (C and Pt).
- Low etch voltages ~ 100 V for rapid and damage free preparation of sample surfaces.
- Samples up to 32 mm in diameter.
- Touch screen operation
AJA Orion-8 Sputtering system for magnetic materials:
(Funded by the Illinois MRSEC)
- UHV system
- 8 targets
- Off-axis deposition option
- DC and RF generators
- Full automation for deposition control
- +/- 2.5% thickness uniformity over 4” wafer
- Substrate temperature up to 850oC
- +/- 0.1oC substrate temperature stability
Bruker D8 Advance XRD system with high-temperature sample stage:
- 2D Eiger2 R 500K detector
- Heating chamber for in situ XRD up to 1200oC
- Four-circle sample stage
- All major applications included in one system
- Cu source and TRIO primary optics
- Powder XRD
- Thin film and grazing incidence XRD
- High resolution epitaxial and single crystal materials
- Reciprocal space mapping
- Texture and stress analysis
- TOPAS structure refinement software