FEI Helios 600i Dual Beam SEM/FIB
The Helios NanoLab 600i is an advanced SEM/FIB DualBeam™ workstation for ultra-high resolution imaging and focussed Ga+ ion beam milling for nano-prototyping, nano-machining, nano-analysis, and sample preparation for TEM and atom probe.
- Schottky Field Emission Cathode and UHR electron column ( Elstar) with dual mode, magnetic immersion and field free, objective lens with electrostatic scanning,
- Sub-nanometer SEM resolution at higher beam energies and 1.4 nm@1 kV
- Standard E-T SE detector and in-lens SE and BSE with high-angle collection
- A high sensitivity, retractable solid-state directional backscattered detector (DBS) for high angle BSE‘s.
- STEM detector for both bright and dark-field imaging transmitted electron imaging (0.8 nm at 30 kV).
- Beam deceleration mode for low landing energies and imaging with sample bias up to 4kV. Highly sensitive large angle backscattered electron detection with the DBS detector.
- High-resolution (field emission) ion optics (Tomahawk™ column), featuring a two-stage differential pumping and time of flight correction enabling fine high-accuracy FIB milling, deposition and etching. Beam currents up to 65 nA for rapid milling. Resolution down to 4.0nm at 0.1 pA @ 30 kV. Operation down to 500V for near damage free cleaning.
- High performance Ion Conversion and Electron (ICE) detector for secondary ions (SI) and electrons (SE)
- Platinum deposition Gas Injection Systems for EBID and IBID
- FIB charge neutralizer (low energy electron flood source) for milling non-conductors
- High-precision specimen piezo goniometer stage with 150 mm travel along the x and y axes.
- IR camera for viewing sample/column, Optical color Nav-Cam for sample navigation.
- Integrated plasma cleaner, and CryoCleaner LN2 contamination trap
- A high-resolution, 16-bit digital patterning engine capable of Simultaneous Pattern and Imaging (iSPI™)
- Integrated Real Time Monitor (iRTM) of milling image
- OmniProbe AutoProbe™ 200 in-situ nano-manipulatorand sample lift-out system with 10 nm positioning resolutionallows the preparation of site specific TEM samples.
- AutoTEM software for automated milling of TEM lamellae.
- Auto Slice and View Basic for serial sectioning and imaging.
- Amira Software for 3D reconstruction of serial sections.
- iFast Developers Tool Kit (programming automation)TM 600